Cancelled - How to Strengthen Relationships, Increase Share-of-Wallet, and Generate Effort-Free Referrals through Quality Content Creation and Digital Tools, Including ChatGPT and Other AI-Assisted Solutions
Jonny Swift, Impact Communications
Colin Swift, Impact Communications
Miriam Whiteley, LifeCraft Financial Planning
CE Credits: 1 CFP CE - General Principles of Financial Planning; 1 NAPFA CE - Marketing and Practice Management; 1 NASBA CPE - Communications and Marketing
Not every ACP member wants to grow, but it could be argued that all ACP members want to maintain the business they already have while strengthening relationships with their current clients and the next generation, ultimately leading to more share-of-wallet, better referrals, and effort-free, consistent business success. Join ACP marketing coaches Jonny Swift and Colin Swift of Impact Communications, as well as ACP Member Miriam Whiteley, as they discuss:
- Client communications strategies such as newsletters, blogs, podcasts, webinars, videos, and client surveys as a way to stay in touch and deepen client relationships and how AI such as ChatGPT and other digital tools can aid in the content creation process
- Messaging to reassure clients that you are still hyper-relevant to their lives, still actively engaged and investing in your business (not retiring) and able to take on new, right-fit clientele if referred by them (e.g., their friends, colleagues, family members, kids), and interested in caring for their total net worth, with everything under your careful watch and advice
- How communicating your continuity and/or succession plan builds confidence and trust and helps with retention
- How to create authentic, personable content that resonates with next gen clients and children of current clients by lifting the veil to show behind the scenes into the character and culture of your firm
As a bonus, the trio will provide use case examples and quick tips for those just getting started with AI for content creation. If YOU have been playing with AI for content creation, we invite you to stand and share your experience and additional ideas with the room.
Added - Using Large Deductible Tax Strategies To Enhance A Business Owners Retirement Plan
David Podell, Business Benefits Consultants
CE Credits: TBD
This presentation will cover the benefits of using cash balance and defined benefit plans as a tax strategy for small business owners. We will discuss the following:
• Why these plans are different from traditional retirement plans that are being used in the market
• The different plan designs and options that exist
• The type of business or solo proprietor that fits the ideal profile to take advantage of these solutions
• The breakdown on limits and IRS guidelines
• How a team of professionals can be aligned to make the plan a success
• Case studies that include combining your clients’ current plans with additional benefits
This presentation will provide you with the knowledge needed to identify and have discussions on this sophisticated tax strategy.
Cybersecurity for Tax Pros
Neki Cox, Internal Revenue Service
Room: Grand Ballroom
CE Credits: 1 CFP CE - Tax Planning; 1 IRS CE - Federal Tax Law Update; 1 NAPFA CE - Technology; 1 NASBA CPE - Information Technology
Learn about the Safeguard Rules cybersecurity mandates which became effective this June and what you might still need to set up. IRS will provide a summary and cover the IRS Written Information Security Plan (WISP) template to make meeting these requirements easier. Also learn why tax practitioners should promote the Identity Protection PIN program to their clients.
1.) The Safeguard Rules have become requirements as of June this year.
2.) The Written Information Security Plan (WISP) template the IRS offers for FREE helps meet one of these mandates.
3.) Why should you promote the IRS Identity Protection PIN program to your clients?
Take More Vacation, Help More Clients, Make More Money
John Scherer, Trinity Financial Planning
CE Credits: 1 NAPFA CE - Marketing and Practice Management; 1 NASBA CPE - Business Management & Organization
After John took off a significant part of 2012 when his children were born, he began to wonder why he had been working so many hours and if there was a better way. In this session he will share what he has learned in the decade since that allows him to take 100 days of vacation annually while business revenue and profits have each multiplied. Attendees will learn about the highly scalable systems his firm has in place that have facilitated this type of practice.
1.) Learn how to structure and execute meeting cycles (preparation, presentation, follow up) to deliver tremendous value efficiently.
2.) Learn communication methods for serving clients well while being proactive rather than reactive.
Bridging the Gap: How to Talk to Clients About Tapping into Their Home Equity
Jerry Auippa, Longbridge Financial
CE Credits: 1 CFP CE - Retirement Savings and Income Planning; 1 NAPFA CE Credit - Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits; 1 NASBA CPE - Finance
Elderly homeowners own more than $11 trillion in home equity, and many are struggling with a financial plan that fully funds their lifetime expenses, yet financial advisors often overlook this hidden wealth. Why? In this presentation, we take a deep dive into the FHA Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) and new attractive and low-cost proprietary products to understand how it can improve the retirement plans of clients, protect against longevity risk, be optimized to fit with client goals, and to do so in an ethical and compliant manner. Home equity is one of the largest sources of assets for clients, and reverses mortgages can unlock this hidden wealth in a safe and standardized manner. With new, best interest and compliance standards for financial advisors, the value of considering home equity in the planning process is growing.
1.) Review changes to the HECM program over the past several years that have strengthened consumer protections.
2). Understand the core foundation of reverse mortgages including qualification, ongoing requirements, consumer protections, costs, disbursement of funds, credit line growth, and settlement.
3.) Demonstrate impact of funds from home equity in improving outcomes for retirement planning and estate planning.
4.) Apply HECM/private reverse mortgage strategies using web-based learning tool for three case studies.
5.) Adhere to compliance considerations of when and how to present a reverse mortgage.